Thursday 17 September 2015

So Happy Card (and Small Craft Haul)


Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by.


Today I am going to share with you a card I have made using the Hero Arts and Basic Grey Waves background stamp and the Mama Elephant Happy Script die.



Tim Holtz Distress Peacock Feathers is one of my favourite colours, so when I first looked at the background stamp I knew it was the colour I wanted to use on this card. Now I wasn't sure which way to actually use the stamp, arches at the top or bottom, so I have probably used it the wrong way but I
think it can be used either way :)





I used the Peacock Feathers with a mini blending tool to do a distressed ombre effect. I didn't splash with water or anything I wanted the stamp to still remain a focus.


I stretched the background stamped image by testing it on some copy paper first to see if it would work as well as I was hoping.

After I was happy with that, using a strip of matching cardstock the same as the card base I covered the gap I had created and that allowed me to raise this strip up from the card front as well.


I was going to just have the die cut 'happy' in white on the white strip but thought it needed a little something for it to stand out against the background stamp as it looked a little lost white on white. So I die cut another in black to use as as shadow.

I put some clear Wink of Stella (Glitter Brush) onto the happy script to tie in with the clear embossing powder on the background stamp.


The Wink of Stella Glitter Brush's are a great way to add some sparkle to a project, there clean and quick, and not over powering like the 'normal' glitter that is available.

(The 'So' is from the Mama Elephant Happy Everything stamp set.)


If your still with me on this long post then I just wanted to share a small craft haul I got recently (which included the Hero Arts and BG Waves background.

EK Success powder tool, a few different gems, some more Ranger Inkssentials cut-n-dry pen nibs (brush), which I am using to replace the chisel tips on my Spectrum Noir markers, and some Molotow Grafx Art masking liquid. 

I also brought a new stamp and die set by Papertrey Ink (from a well known auction site) called Framed Out #12 designed by Heather Nichols, this set is smaller than it looks, the die measures 1 by 1 and half inches (cute).



Hope to see you again soon... bye for now.

No comments :

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...