Saturday 3 October 2015

Making Some New Stamps...



I have had the Silhouette Cameo stamp material for some time, I've played around with it a few times with varying results, which is why I've never really used it.

I watched a few videos and none of the tips really helped me get a good stamp impression with coloured inks, like some have had success with. The material tends to leave a distressed/faded look.

But it did work well with the VersaMark watermark ink pad, probably because its so sticky.






I wasn't sure how well the material would cut the thin lines but I was very surprised and impressed.
Most of the pieces came out quiet easy, some needed some encouragement and others I had to use a craft knife to cut the material so it didn't tear.

The heart measures 5cm x 4.5cm and the tear drop measures 4cm x 5.5cm, the lines measure in some points 0.5mm to 1 mm. I did try to cut them smaller and some worked but some didn't, the smallest one's tried measured around 2 to 3cm in width.




As you can see the smallest ones were just too small. I do like the effect and may be able to use them for a distressed/fractured look.


The material sticks to a acrylic blocks really easily, there is no preparation necessary, so I pulled out my MISTI. I knew the MISTI would not be able to stamp the material even with the black foam mat in. There was a difference in the depth still, so used a piece of fun foam approximately 2mm thick to compensate the difference.




I prepared the Crafters Companion watercolour card with a EK Success Powder Tool and used VarsaMark to stamp the image, using a clear embossing powder to create a resist, I then used Tim Holtz Picked Raspberry, Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar Distress Inks to 'watercolour' the heart stamp.






End result is I really really really like these stamps, especially with the resist technique, it's the reason I tried these the first time... I will have to experiment more to see if I could get some good stamped images, but at the moment I prefer using the stamp material with the VersaMark and embossing powders.



Thanks for stopping hope to see you soon...

No comments :

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...